Friday, September 26, 2014

Week 3

  • Analysis- When I analyze students and what goals they intend to reach as part of my course, I begin from the top down. My first question is what is my topic?  For example I am teaching a Special ed Pre-algebra class. I then look at my student population- where some students could be in algebra and some should be in elementary math. I then give it a go at teaching my first day set up a straight forward here is the book, these are the chapters and this is the course goal. That is just the beginning! The actual analysis of my population begins at this point. I then look at the first quiz the first week. I listen to the questions and I pay attention to who is interacting with me and who will never contacts me. Once I have the class population in perspective I then begin the process of taking the core curriculum requirements and developing it around my students.
  • Course Goals- My course goals are set by a combination of core curriculum requirements and population of the class, including their personal goals. 
  • Learning Objectives and Design- Learning objectives are personalized to each individual student. Once I know where that student is in perspective to the course requirements I can then personalize the educational plan. All of this has to happen within the first week of class, otherwise students feel as though they have no direction. 

       The course tours were very interesting because they give a different perspective from many different styles. Since I tend to be Eclectic in my teaching style I like to think that I can use these examples to build my own courses from these examples.

My link is a page on Online Course Design information page:  http://www.samford.edu/ctls/archives.aspx?id=2147484104

No comments:

Post a Comment