Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Week 1

Name and location:

I am Michaela De Sapio Yazar I was in the second half of this class  last semester I had a great time with the work and fellow students, I look forward to another semester. I am blogging from, SiliconValley CA.

My general introduction:

I am a teacher by accident. I started when I was in high school by volunteering at the Children's Museum of Los Angeles and then every few years I would tutor, sign up for teaching part-time and substitute teach. When I decided to homeschool I went on the adventure of my life. I homeschooled My kids and any other kid whose parents would come to me for help. Five years in I decided to become more official and got my Masters in special education and my certificate in educational therapy and here I am having developed an eclectic teaching career. Most of the time I love it sometimes I wonder what I got myself into.

 My experience with my online classes is an instructor:

I was just appointed when I tried to apply my new found skills to my online UCSC courses that I teach at an extension. Although they like my work the university did not allow videos posted on any public site, or a blog also posted on any public site. Using Google plus hangouts was the only acceptable site. The first week of classes I had started with the blog and I got positive feedback from the students and kick started the course with a positive tone. This semester my personal goal is to take the course material I am learning here and properly integrate it into the UC webpage we are required to use.

Elephant and I in front of the Pantheon Rome Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment